There are a number of important things to know before embarking on a trail race in the British countryside.
We've explained all the rules below, but please email [email protected] if you have a question.
This race is permitted by the Trail Running Association (permit numbers 2397 & 2398) and will operate under UK Athletics competition rules.
You can view these rules on the UK Athletics website.
All runners must adhere to the countryside code at all times. A copy of this is written below.
You can read the full Countryside Code by clicking here.
1. Competitors must be 17 years or over on the day of the race for the half marathon & 20 years or over for the 50km ultra marathon.
2. Runners must follow the marked route at all times.
3. Runners run this race completely at their own risk & will be required to sign a disclosure form before being permitted to run.
4. Dogs are not permitted for this race.
5. All competitors in the Ultra Marathon will be required to carry a map of the course and will be encouraged to have access to the route via GPS on their person.
6. Runners are required to check-in at each aid station using their timing wristband.
7. If you are unable to finish the race you must inform a marshal or contact the event staff using the phone number provided.
8. Runners must carry the mandatory equipment with them at all times.
9. Runners must disclose any existing medical conditions at registration and take full responsibility for their ability to run the race.
10. Runners are permitted to carry poles.
11. Assistance may only be provided at aid stations.
12. During road sections competitors must run on the left side.
13. Runners must recognise they have equal rights to be on the route and be courteous to other users.
14. Competitors should not jostle at stiles and other obstacles. Nor should they push past slower runners on narrow paths.
15. If a runner come across another competitor who is ill or hurt they MUST offer assistance.
16. A runner must retire immediately if asked to do so by a race official.
If you have a question please email [email protected]